04 February 2007

myspace

No theological or philosophical rantings in this post. It's been about a month since I moved into my studio and I figured I'd give everyone a look at how it's looking. Some of you got the quick floor plan that I drew up and I promised pictures so here they are:I'm on the first floor in the northeast corner. The back set of stairs start at my door, but all this means that I get two windows. This is a good thing, but I'm seriously considering some drapes to be able to block out the morning sun so it doesn't wake me up daily around 7:30 or so. I don't get any direct light, but it gets very bight in the room. As long as it isn't completely overcast (like today), I don't turn a light on until the evening. The main room is about 11.75' x 14.75' with 9' ceilings. I'm trying to figure out exactly what to put over my couch. I have an art project that I've been thinking and working on for a while, and I want to put it there, but it is going to take me a while to finish it. I might just put a couple of place-holders in it's place so it doesn't look so plain in that corner. I've got a few pictures that I still haven't hung yet that have found a place below the ac unit. We'll see. The green couch is in good hands and is as comfortable as ever. I need to get some new pillows for it though since those blue one's are getting pretty lumpy. The table is working out great, but it tends to stay pushed into the corner to free up space. If I ever have more than one person over for dinner, there's plenty of room to pull it out from the wall. Some have commented that sleeping under a college blanket is very, well, college-ish. Frankly, I thought that is a better way to show my true loyalties than painting the room old gold with white trim ;) Go Tech! I figure I'll probably put the UM diploma on the same wall though come May. I'm trying to find some shelves to put up over my desk to hold more pictures and misc desk stuff though. The newest edition to the space is the tv. It's so nice to be paying for cable and finally being able to actually watch it and not just listen to it. I'm considering knocking out the back wall of the niche above the doorway where some of my art is right now and putting the tv up there. I've got to check with my landlord though. I just feel like the tv's in a rather precarious position and it blocks your view when you first walk in, closing off the room some. At the end of my "hallway" is my closet. The other half of my clothes are all below my bed. The bathroom door typically stays open though. The kitchen is a one-butt kitchen, but I like it. I don't mind that I don't have a dishwasher, but I wish that my sink was bigger. I haven't made any culinary masterpieces in it yet, but it is capable. I've been sticking with family favorites and traditional/easy meals.



















The bathroom is good. Not really much to say about it. This final picture is looking back at the north-facing window. The picture doesn't show the trees very well, but it also isn't showing the trashcans either ;) I guess that's about it. Questions or suggestions - let me know!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Fleming said...

Tell me if I'm wrong, but were those 2 (yes I said, 2) ironing boards on those doors? I know you like to look primped and fresh, but geez... j/p

COME HOME SOON!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jenny Fleming said...

oh wait, that's a mirror... CRAP. Please don't make any UGA comments. I might be just as suicidal as the most recent celebrity to overdose on pain killers and anti-depressants.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

Jenny, a comment refering to the lack of education provided by the Athens Social Club would be just too easy ;)

I'll be back in ATL in March - you and Adam should come hang out that weekend. I miss y'all.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Jenny Fleming said...

I AGREE! Annette mentioned that you were coming. What weekend?

2:30 PM  
Blogger tatum said...

t.jack!! i just got caught up on your crazy life! and might i say that i am seriously jealous of your travels! looks like you've had an awesome time. and i like your new "space".

i just wanted to say hi, old friend! (otherwise, reading your blog would be more like stalking you...which would be weird)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

Good to hear from you Tatum. I'm glad you enjoyed the site and pictures. I hope all is giogn well for you. You can admit it though - you were stalking me ;)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home