01 June 2006

Nothing much happening. . .

Howdy. The past couple of days have been completely devoted to our design projects - Yes, we are actually here to do work. Actually, that's kind of the way it's going to be until we leave for China the day after our final review. The faculty has scaled back our morning excursions the past couple of days so we can concentrate on the start of our individual designs. Translation: We've only been walking 7 miles instead of 10 and we've been visiting a bunch of contemporary museums. It's been really nice the past couple of days so no one has really cared about being outside and enjoying the sun. I'm not really sure what the next week or so holds because the guy who was giving us the gallery tours, an art critic and curator from Madrid, leaves tomorrow morning. Our schedule has been so jumbled that I'm not even sure that the faculty knows what we're doing.

So I decided to take a second to introduce the group of people I seem to hang out with the most. From left to right: Antonio, Lindsay, me, Dan, and Craig. This is us in the restaurant we sought refuge from the rain in when we went to Nikko. We definitely left our mark on the wall like so many before us as well. Below are two pictures that I've taken in the past couple of days that I really like. The first is from the top of the Park Hyatt looking towards Shibuya. The Park Hyatt is the hotel and bar that "Lost in Translation" takes place in. It was an absolutely amazing view. I'll be returning there before I leave to get better pictures and at least dessert. The second is just of a contemporary museum in the Omote-Sando area of Tokyo. I just like how the picture came out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home