11 May 2006

Test

This is something I never thought I'd do. I disagree with blogging in general. I find it egotistical to think that someone would randomly want to read about my life. This is also a completely isolationistic technology that keeps me behind a computer instead of actually interacting with people face to face or at the very least calling them. However, this seems like a great way to let people know what is going on with me during my travels without filling their inboxes with my rhetoric. It allows everyone to decide their own level of interest an involvement, I guess.

I think the one thing that is weighing on me about starting this is that I'm afraid that it's going to replace my journal. I'm somewhat old fashioned and like the written word. As much of a perfectionist as I am, I even like it when I screw up and have to mark through something and start over. There is character and gravity to something that you can touch, hold, smell, and pass from one hand to another. The sterility of this machine with its clicks and clacks and constant fan noise perturbs me to no end. These are personal problems (some of you would problem classify them as character flaws) that I'll deal with as we progress. I'll write the beginnings tomorrow when I need a break from packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home